This year I am on a mission to slowly make a change with my beauty products. Small steps can make a big difference! Organic, (all) natural, cruelty – free, are all words that I look for in my beauty products. I went on the hunt for a few staple products. Mascara and foundation were high on my list first.
I am lucky enough to have a great, local, Canadian shop where I live. They only source local, Canadian products that are organic, natural and cruelty-free. So off I went to ShopEco! Their motto is, “We read the labels so you don’t have to.”
I picked up the FitGlow Beauty Vita-Active Foundation, Pacifica Natural Mascara, and Faerhaven lipbalm in Chocolate. This post I will touch on the FitGlow Beauty Foundation.
FitGlow Beauty is more than a makeup and skincare company. They are makeup-skincare combined! The founder, Anna, is in the business of empowering woman to love their skin and be beautiful both inside and out.
The Vita-Active Foundation comes in 7 shades. I wear VF1 – Fair (1st one on the right).
This foundation has SO many amazing features and benefits. It is and has:
- 98% ORGANIC
- 95 % WHOLE FOOD BASED
- VITAMIN C
- BOTANICAL HYALURONIC
The plant based skin blend that they have is said to increase “collagen production and dramatically boosts skins ability to diminish spots, freckles, hyper-pigmentation, sun damage plus improve elasticity”.
With those claims and with high-reviews from both online and the ladies at ShopEco, I scooped one of these miracles in a bottle right up!
The Miracle in a bottle:
VITAMIN C Provides potent antioxidant protection, shielding skin from damaging free radicals, boosting collagen production and reducing brown spots and sun damage.
BOTANICAL HYALURONIC ACID Penetrates the dermis to secure moisture supports the skins elasticity and structure.
WAKAME BIOFERMENT Increases skin oxygen consumption to detoxify skin and boost antioxidant defense.
BETA-CAROTENE Protect skin from UV damage while reducing spots and refining skin texture
For a full list of ingredients, please go to Fitglow Beauty website.
I kept a small “diary” the first week I wore this foundation. I checked in throughout my day and noted the appearance of the foundation. I tried it a few ways to see what was going to work best for my skin type and conditions.
Day 1 – First Impression:
- Dewy finish
- No primer or colour correcting used/applied under foundation
- Applied nicely. Smooth, even.
- Applied with the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge
- Has a slight “smell” to it. Nothing too strong and didn’t irritate my skin or allergies
- It blended nicely in my skin. Almost too nicely that it left me wondering if it was too light for me. (?)
- I did set the foundation in the T-zone with powder and to the concealer that I did apply to my under eyes.
- It has a light coverage. Almost like a BB or CC cream would.
- I did not try to build the coverage on day one.
- I used 2 pumps of the foundation
- I set my face with a setting spray
- Oily in my T-zone (which I’m use to, so nothing too exciting)
- I found that on either side of my nose, I could see my pores a little more than earlier in the day
- I normally use a primer to cancel out or help with what I am seeing happening to this foundation.
- The concealer did not cake up throughout the day
The next few days I made small changes to see what was going to work best for my skin.
- I applied primer and used my colour correcting (CC) palette: 2 days
- Only applied primer and concealer: 2 days
- I used 3 pumps on days with CC & 2 pumps on no CC days
- Colour Correcting blended nicely and couldn’t be seen
- Applied with the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge: All days but 1. Applied with blending brush. Did not like finish.
- Set with powder in T-Zone
- Set my face with a setting spray
Check In’s through out the day.
- Oily on forehead (Usual, like I mentioned above on Day 1)
- I was complimented by my co-workers on my skin.
- It wore nicely
- I found that it was not needed to go more than 2 pumps. 3 pumps caked up on my chin and around nose and made my cheeks oily.
- When I took my makeup off at the end of the day. My skin felt moisturized and soft before I put my normal skincare on. (Click here to see my skincare products used daily)
Overall Honest Opinion:
I like this foundation! It has a very natural finish and colour on my skin. I was complimented several times on my skin. Some were co-workers, a few were complete strangers! Most said that my skin looked healthy, natural, fresh and one said amazing! I’ll take it!
This foundation costs more than I would normally pay for a foundation. It is natural, organic, cruelty-free and has skincare built into the product. It’s a multi – threat product. So the big price tag is more than justified! (Side note: I’m a drugstore junkie 🙂 so paying any more than $15 for foundation is not usually in my price range). I like that it has a pump. On the back of the foundation it has the expiry date! Love the packaging!
At the end of the day, the finial verdict is: Do I like/love the way it makes my skin look and feel? When I run out, am I willing to repurchase this at the high price point it is?
I have a few other products from this line that I can’t wait to try! The concealer and lipstick to be exact!
Have you tried anything from this brand? What are your favourites and what should I try next? Let’s discuss in the comments!
If you’re a blogger and interested in joining Ingrid’s Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party please do! Everyone is welcome x
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me. These are my own, personal, honest opinions. Not a sponsored review. Talsbeautyopinion is not a makeup artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefor, try at your own risk.