I have been seeing this tag pop up from other Beauty Bloggers and thought I’d take part in the AM/PM routine tag. I’ve never actually done a tag post before but it makes a nice change from all of the beauty posts! I am a routine sergeant and if it gets thrown off by even a minute, look-out world!
1. What is your morning beauty routine? Every morning I cleanse my face with the Foaming Fucus Cleansing Concentrate . I love how this makes my skin feel clean and super smooth, ready for my day. After my shower, I then apply the Sea Spray Splash Toner with a cotton round to refresh my skin. I love how hydrating this feels! I finish off with the Potent Seaweed Serum.
2. What’s for breakfast? I have never been a breakfast person. Since high-school, I have been drinking my breakfast and nutrients in the mornings! Rich Milk Chocolate, Carnation Breakfast with 2% milk. My favorite! I never leave the house without some kind of breakfast no matter what time it is as I can’t function properly while my stomach is eating itself. With this being said, I’ve found that my stomach does not like solid foods and I get sick if I do eat that early. Having my liquid breakfast prepares me for the morning ahead.
3. Coffee or tea? I’m definitely more of a tea person and drink it everyday. I prepare it at home in my travel tumbler and enjoy it when I get to work. It’s my 30 minute oasis in the morning before the phones, emails and issues start rolling in. I’m a little bias when it comes to tea…I am a Steeped Tea Consultant. I love Green Tea and Black Tea! My favorites are: Strawberry Fields, Hawa-ya-doin’, Blood Orange Sunrise & Earl Grey de la Crème.
4. How long does it take to get out the door? Well this all depends on what I have to do in the morning! I set my alarm and am up for 1 1/2 hours before I have to leave for work. I like to leave some time to veg on the couch and chat with my husband (if he’s not already at work) before having to run out the door. I hate being rushed, especially in the mornings. On days that I’m off and do not put on makeup, I can be out the door in 15-20 minutes, other days it takes me an average of 40-45 minutes. On the days where I have second/third/forth day hair, it takes less time to get ready because I don’t have to shower/dry/straighten and or curl my hair. I use to never be a second/third day hair person and had to wash or at least wet my hair everyday but over the last 6 months I love not having to wash my hair every day & my hair functions so much better because of it.
5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss free morning? My makeup routine changes most days. I am trying to switch all my beauty products to Natural/Green/Organic/Cruelty-Free products. I am trying out so many new products and seeing what works for me and my skin. On days that I am off, I don’t wear any makeup. NONE! One days that I have to work and am just not feeling it. I’ll use FitGlow Vita Foundation (see my full review here) without primer or concealer. Put on one eyeshadow colour, Pacifica mascara and set my face and I’m gone. Review for the mascara can be found here.
6. What is your evening beauty routine? I always take my makeup off within the first 15 minutes of walking in the door (as long as we’re not going out again) with a makeup removing wipe. I use a micellar water on a cotton round to remove my eye makeup and than give my skin a once over with it as well. I switch between Garnier and Simple micellar water. Whichever is on sale when I need it. I than use the same face wash and toner as in the morning. I apply a small amount of the Eye-Sea Relief Serum around my eyes and finish off with the Sea Kelp Softening Facial Moisturizer which is richer than the Potent Seaweed Serum that I use in the morning under my makeup.
7. Snack time! What’s in the bowl? I have a sweet tooth and love chips! I don’t like keeping snacks/junk in the house because I will eat it all! Chocolate, cookies, chips are my go to. However, I will make pop-corn as a snack most nights. Healthier choice and my husband likes it too! I also always have Dark Chocolate in the house as a snack/treat when I’m really craving and needing my fix.
8. How do you wind down and prep for bed? I’m pretty lucky as I tend to fall asleep really quickly most nights. My husband and I always watch a movie at night or caught up on our TV shows. If I’ve had a hard/stressful day or just feel too wound up and need to relax I’ll have a bath with Epsom salts and Lavender Essential Oils and read whatever book/magazine I have yet to finish.
9. Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep? I’m real simple! A large t-shirt (that may or may-not be one of my husbands that I have now claimed as my own) and sweats. Nothing fancy here!
10. What are some things you must do before hitting in the hay? I always make sure my alarm is set. Although, my internal clock is pretty good at waking me a few minutes before my alarm, you can never be too caution! I apply a lip balm after brushing my teeth and put hand cream on as well.
Some products that I mentioned above.
I’d love to peak into someone else’s daily routine so I tag the following to join in!
If you’re a blogger and interested in joining Ingrid’s Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party please do! Everyone is welcome x
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me. These are my own, personal, honest opinions. Not a sponsored review. Talsbeautyopinion is not a makeup artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefor, try at your own risk.